We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced engineer to join our Highway Engineering team in our Birmingham office.
The successful candidate will join a growing and vibrant Development Infrastructure team providing strong technical guidance whilst contributing to work-winning with both existing and new clients. They will be responsible for delivering a broad range of services to public and private sector clients and partners, including:
- Preparation of feasibility studies, preliminary through to detailed design for highways infrastructure;
- Obtaining statutory approvals;
- Contract preparation and procurement;
- Site supervision and construction management
The successful candidate will ideally be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Either Chartered Status or approaching chartered status (support can be provided for those looking to obtain chartership)
- Strong technical knowledge, including use of industry standard highway design software (AutoCAD, Civils 3D) and sound knowledge of current design standards (Manual for Streets (2), DMRB)
- A positive and enthusiastic approach
- Ability to form constructive, lasting relationships with clients and professional partners
- Ability to develop and sell innovative solutions for clients
- Ability to effectively lead an experienced team of professionals
- High standards of written and oral communication
- Excellent understanding of project management
- A proactive approach to seeking and sharing knowledge
- A commitment to supporting the career development of colleagues
We are looking for a Senior Engineer who can manage projects and a small team of graduate engineers to deliver infrastructure engineering work. The work ranges from preliminary designs for Transport Assessments and feasibility studies through to detailed design and site supervision. The candidate will be expected to support more junior staff in the production of reports, drawings and calculations and deliver these to the client in a timely manner. Current work includes Residential development and Commercial development.
Experience of 3D highway design packages is essential preferably in Civils 3D, however, experience of MX or PDS is also beneficial.