With our Reading office expanding, we are looking for a Transport Planner to join our Development Planning team.
The individual will be supporting more senior members of the team with the production of Transport Assessments, Travel Plans and key transport planning documents. The Reading office work on a wide range of residential, commercial, leisure and hotel schemes offering a varied workload and hands on experience.
As this is a growing office, the successful candidate will be given greater responsibility than usual and offered the opportunity to learn and develop their career within the Transport Planning industry as well as help shape and develop the office.
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- Previous experience working as a Transport Planner in a Development Planning team
- A degree in a relevant discipline (Typically Geography, Civil Engineering, Planning, Economics, Mathematics)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present information in an accurate, clear and professional format, and to engage with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Competency in Microsoft Office computing packages
- Report writing skills, including the ability to present technical work and messages to non-technical audience
- A proactive approach to seeking and sharing knowledge
- A positive, enthusiastic attitude
Successful candidates will join a friendly growing team and will perform key technical roles in the delivery of transport and/or development planning projects whilst enjoying high levels of flexibility and autonomy and the opportunity to gain a range of experience through varied and interesting work.