We are currently recruiting for a Financial Controller to join our finance team in our Manchester city centre office.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for the financial activities and governance of the P&L in UK along with the department’s accounting, controlling, reporting and tax activities. The post holder will be working closely with the Head of Finance UK and the Regional Finance team ensuring that activities are carried out within the defined Group Financial operating process.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Getting involved in the budget cycle
- Responsibility for the month end processes
- Preparation of the financial statements
- Intercompany recharging and reconciliation
- Treasury responsibilities
- Preparation of the VAT and CIT returns
- Participation in the resolution of international tax issues, in conjunction with the Region and Group Tax Department
The successful candidate will have experience of accounting and financial management operations within a project management environment, have previous management experience and be a professional member of a recognised UK accountancy body such as ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA etc. You should have good financial planning, management and reporting skills; have an analytical, systematical and problem solving mind-set and be commercially minded. You will also have excellent prioritization skills, the ability to react quickly to problems which may arise and be an excellent communicator in both written and spoken forms.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we may not be able to respond to your application immediately.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.